Mold color info now available

Started by shmax, November 11, 2007, 08:26:09 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shmax

November 11, 2007, 08:26:09 PM Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 12:19:22 PM by shmax
I promised this one a long time ago, and here it is at last: color info. Yes, when entering figure records, you can now specify a color scheme. "So what", you drawl, "other databases have color info". That's true, Biff, but not like this. Those other sites you allude to only let you pick a single color. But here on this hi-falutin' site, you can tag a toy with as many colors as you like. That's right, no more scratching a hole in your head trying to decide if you should put Optimus down as red or blue. Now you can go nuts, and tag him with Red, White, Blue, and heck, even Grey while we're at it. And of course, in keeping with the uber queryability we try to maintain here, you can click on a figure's color scheme on a details page, and see other toys that share that exact color scheme.

For instance, here are some second and third cousins of our pal Optimus (Red, Grey, and Black):
http://www.shmax.com/Results?tab=1&col=1537

But really, most of the toys are oddly unique in their color schemes. The true power of this sytem will become apparent once I finally get around to installing a UI for the advanced search feature. Because all we're doing is setting flags for colors on each toy, you'll be able to to do powerful color searches that will make identifying those mysterious loose figures a total breeze. I'll ramble on about that more once it's available.

So see what you think so far, folks, and as always don't be shy about telling me I don't know what the hell I'm doing. In the meantime, I'll be in the tub dreaming up the next big thing...

- shmax

tec

November 11, 2007, 09:57:10 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by tec
You knew what you where doing in the first place??  :lol:

Go Up