Q's about stuff in the Database ....

Started by MetroplexC70, July 16, 2010, 06:19:58 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

MetroplexC70

July 16, 2010, 06:19:58 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Alright im sort of new here. Joined back in like 08... But finally got around to adding my collection to the site.

But i have a few questions  :wink:

For example.

For a few of the RiD (Robots in Disguise) You say a few have like 3 diff. cards/boxes...

Like Armorhide he is listed with 3 diff. kind of cards how do i tell which one i have......
Another is Armada Thundercracker one says with a smirk the other without a smirk... Now is the smirk on the box or the actual figure.. And if it is on the box is it the front or back ?

Just a few Q's for now.

engledogg

July 16, 2010, 07:56:07 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Quote from: "MetroplexC70"
Alright im sort of new here. Joined back in like 08... But finally got around to adding my collection to the site.

But i have a few questions  :wink:

For example.

For a few of the RiD (Robots in Disguise) You say a few have like 3 diff. cards/boxes...

Like Armorhide he is listed with 3 diff. kind of cards how do i tell which one i have......
Another is Armada Thundercracker one says with a smirk the other without a smirk... Now is the smirk on the box or the actual figure.. And if it is on the box is it the front or back ?

Just a few Q's for now.
Regarding Armorhide and the other Commandos, here's how the cards break down:

package 1 card: simple "COMBINERS" logo on front of card; Commandos pictured in robot-mode.
package 2 card: tri-lingual 'combiners' logo on front of card ("COMBINERS, FUSIONNEURS, COMBINA"); Commandos pictured in vehicle-mode.
package 3 card: tri-lingual 'combiners' logo on front of card ("COMBINERS, FUSIONNEURS, COMBINA"), with '1 of 5', '2 of 5', etc. added to it; Commandos pictured in vehicle-mode.

With something like Team Bullet Train:

package 1 box: Simple-combiners logo, unpainted(gray) windows variant
package 2 box: Tri-lingual Combiners logo, can come in two variants:
              - unpainted (grey) windows variant
              - painted (blue) windows variant

For Armada Thundercracker, some of the toys retain the smirk that the original mold (Starscream had) and some don't feature the smirk...as far as I know, there's no way to tell the difference in a MISB specimen (although it's possible that there might be some stamping that might correspond to one version or the other).

Hope this helps.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

MetroplexC70

July 16, 2010, 08:18:07 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Thank you yes that did. It will help me a little more with the few i didnt know what they was from the data base. Just have a few more to figure out then ill have my whole collection on here :))

engledogg

July 16, 2010, 08:58:34 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
No problem...list your questions here and I'll try to help as much as I can.

MIKE
engledogg

MetroplexC70

July 16, 2010, 10:32:19 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Well.

The others are. Here are a few more.. TY ahead of time dude...

Cyb. Supreme Starscream. You guys say this one also says it has 2 version.
Energon a few say they have a Fleer version and a reg. version. How can i tell which card is which.
Beast Machines Tankor you guys list 4 versions of this one.

engledogg

July 17, 2010, 08:38:45 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Quote from: "MetroplexC70"
Well.

The others are. Here are a few more.. TY ahead of time dude...

Cyb. Supreme Starscream. You guys say this one also says it has 2 version.
Energon a few say they have a Fleer version and a reg. version. How can i tell which card is which.
Beast Machines Tankor you guys list 4 versions of this one.
I'll tackle Tankor first.  On the right side of each of the four Tankor package records under Comments, it tells you about each version.

http://www.shmax.com/package_details/56 ... _package_1

Over there on the right...

The first release of Tankor came with the claws of the figure lashed together and had the phrase "With Firing Torpedoes!" on the top of the box.

If you click each of the package records, that'll answer your question....sometimes you gotta dig a bit deeper to find the info instead of just skimming through the database without actually clicking on any records.

The Cybertron Supreme Starscream variant involves the packaging.  One type places both the keys and the crown in the middle (among a bunch of other discriminating features like the tips of his shoulders jutting out a bit from the window of the packaging), and one type places the keys in the bottom right-hand side of the box and the crown in the middle .  There are slight differences on the backs of the two packages as well.  Excuse the crappiness of these pics, but they illustrate my points:

As to which one came first, I'm not quite sure.  It may be true that what we're calling Package 1 actually came out later than what we're calling Package 2.  As of right now, they're just arbitrarily named.

Now, for the Fleer cards.  Some first wave Energon figures were packaged with Fleer cards instead of their normal Tech Specs cards (the fronts of both card types were identical, if I'm not mistaken, but the backs were different).  I would assume you could just look through the packaging, of the Deluxe-sized figures, anyway, and check the cardbacks.  If you've got a bio on the back of the card, that's the Fleer version....if you've got Tech Specs, that's the regular version.

MIKE
engledogg

MetroplexC70

July 17, 2010, 01:20:55 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Alright. Ill have to admit... I didnt check the side thing on Tankor. BUT i have on many of the others i have added... Like Energon Ravage i had him on the list and then checked. I got lazy with Tankor saw 4 versions and figured no one added the info. Ill check the Tankors description .. I will read on and comment on the other stuff. Thanks ..

MetroplexC70

July 17, 2010, 01:40:03 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Well i thank you again engledogg. I do apologize for Tankor being on my list. If you didnt notice i have over 700 figures and did look at most i was not sure about. And Tankor was put aside while i was adding stuff because i saw it had 4 versions.. So like i said i got lazy lol...

But the others you could see why i hope :D

Now you just need to find out about my Energon Optimus and Megatron  2 pack i added because i didnt see it in your database....  Shmax told me you guys was checking on that to see if it some how got deleted or whatever....

Go Up